Keto Turkey Zucchini Burgers are one of my top keto burger recipes. We usually make these in batches and freeze them for a quick go-to meal.
I have a confession about these turkey burgers though. When I first started making them I wasn’t on a keto lifestyle. I was doing Beyond Diet. Beyond Diet has some amazing foods and I was successful for a while but not like with keto! I can see myself staying keto for the rest of my life. The last 6 months have been a breeze once I got past the keto flu. Anyway, I originally posted this recipe on the blog my sister and I have, Sisters Know Best. You can see it there listed as Turkey Zucchini Burgers, without any mention to keto. Actually, my sister tried to get me to do keto back then but I was stubborn and had the same mindset as many people, “I can’t just eat bacon and cheese. I’ll go crazy!” Little did I know how amazing the keto lifestyle really is or how easy it would be for me and my husband.
Tips for Making Keto Turkey Zucchini Burgers
We used to eat a LOT more of these burgers than we do now. There are so many yummy recipes to try and recreate for this site that we don’t always get back to some of those we love. But, we used to make these every couple of weeks before and fill our freezer so we learned a couple of tricks along the way.
- Drain your zucchini. Try to press out the liquid the best you can so they form into patties easily.
- Make all your patties BEFORE you start to cook them. They are very sticky and you will save a lot of time.
- Trust the timer. 6-7 minutes per side.
- If freezing, completely cool before placing it in the freezer.
- Either wrap them individually in aluminum or use parchment paper between them. We use these aluminum foil sheets and put 2 burgers per sheet.
- Lay flat in the freezer.
When You Are Ready To Eat Turkey Zucchini Keto Burgers
My husband likes things simple… and he likes our microwave. I don’t. Obviously, the best time to eat the turkey keto burgers is as soon as they are ready in the pan. But if you are freezing them, that doesn’t happen. I like to plan ahead (something my hubs isn’t very good at which is why he uses the microwave). Here’s some suggestions for having the best meal when taking from the freezer:
- Thaw in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours in advance.
- Put on a paper towel for at least 5 minutes before heating.
- Reheat in the frying pan instead of microwaving.
What To Have With Turkey Keto Burgers
There are a lot of options to have with these burgers! Here are our favorites:
- It’s not really a side but we will have it on a Smartbun (Use code: KRC10 to get 10% off your order) with sugar-free ketchup.
- Zucchini is a perfect side, especially when you are not using a bun. We love the Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini Wedges the most with a side of ranch dressing.
- Cauliflower is also delicious. And if you have the Keto Cheesy Cauliflower Hash Browns you’d think you went out to a fancy restaurant. SO MUCH FLAVOR!
- Pork Rinds are a great addition to any meal. Our favorites are BBQ, Salt & Vinegar and Hot.
You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s quick and easy to make and you can make a lot all at once.