Breakfast is the most important part of the day and this Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage recipe puts a new twist on it! I love breakfast but sometimes get tired of the same old bacon, eggs, and keto-friendly toast. Plus, it takes time. So NOW I have this new recipe which is perfect for us! There are only two of us and this makes 12 servings but I whip it up on Saturday and we eat the leftovers on Sunday and Monday when I’m either lazy or in a hurry to start work. It’s my FAVORITE keto hack yet.
About Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage Recipe
I originally found this recipe on Easy Healthy Recipes but adapted it a little more. Here’s what I did differently:
- We’ve been on a kick of trying not to eat so many eggs so instead of using 12 eggs, I used 6 eggs and one cup of egg whites (equivalent of 6 regular eggs).
- I know shredded cheese has added fillers but I’m lazy first thing in the morning so I used store bought shredded.
- I used Jimmy Dean sausage instead of breakfast sausage and I used two different kinds; hot and mild.
- I used dried parsley flakes instead of fresh because I didn’t have any.
- I used 1/2 and 1/2 creamer instead of heavy cream because it’s what I had on hand.
When I added this recipe to my site, I kept it the way I made it because it was amazing.
Other Keto Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is my most important meal of the day. I love a good routine and breakfast is a big part of it. He takes the dogs out and I whip up some yummy goodness. Every now and then I need to try something different! Here are a few ideas if you are like me and need a bit of variety.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs – I love this spin on the traditional deviled egg. It’s great for breakfast, parties or snacks during the week.
- Keto Omelet – SO MANY varieties to try!
- Spinach and Feta Eggs – My NUMBER ONE favorite breakfast out there. I love how the feta gets creamy and livens up the tastebuds!
- Breakfast Cheeseburger Wrapped in Lettuce – Who said burgers are just for breakfast? Add an egg to the top of it and woalah! It’s breakfast and so yummy at that!
Other Keto Hacks I Love
- One pot dishes like this one. You can’t go wrong with keto crockpot recipes, casseroles and one frying pan meals. I hate doing the dishes so these have my name written all over them.
- Making more than one serving. When I cook, I make a LOT if the recipe works well for that. Some examples of what I make extra of are my Keto Stuffed Chicken Breast with Jalapeno & Cheddar Wrapped in Bacon and my Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites. I throw them in the freezer and take them out when I’m ready. The chickens are raw but assembled and the cheesecakes are ready for consumption.
- Batch prepping for the week. I also love making up deviled eggs, and mixing up tuna and chicken salad to snack on during the week.