This keto tomato and zucchini bake casserole reminds me of my mom. When I was a kid she made ratatouille a lot during the summer months. It was loaded with vegetables, pepperoni, sauce, and cheese. It’s a meal that has been passed down and I’ve made it quite a bit myself. This recipe is a lighter version of that and goes great with just about anything!
Keto Main Dish Ideas
This side goes with just about everything but here are our favorite main courses to have with it:
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Jalapeño & Cheddar Wrapped in Bacon – often we make a double batch of the main dish and side and eat it twice during the week. So good!
- Panfried Steak with Green Onion and Garlick Butter. My favorite part about this recipe is creating your own garlic butter. I know that sounds silly but it makes me feel fancy and is such an easy thing to do. I can’t believe I’d never done it before.
- Turkey Zucchini Burgers – this is an all-time favorite recipe of mine. I’ve tried a lot of diets in my life and this works well with Weight Watchers, Beyond Diet, and Keto.
Why I like Zucchini Tomato Mozzarella Bake
There are so many reasons I like this dish. Here are my top 4 reasons why it is the perfect keto side.
- It’s super easy to make. You just can’t make a mistake with this one.
- You can make a double batch for a quick go-to midweek side.
- It’s perfect for harvest time when you have too many zucchini and tomatoes in the garden.
- It’s a casserole and the zucchini, tomato, mozzarella bake makes the perfect comfort food.
Tomato and Zucchini Recipe Variations
There are many ways to make this. As I mentioned before my mother’s zucchini and tomato recipes varied. Sometimes she added pepperoni, green pepper, onion and other types of cheeses. The recipe I have here is a guaranteed keto recipe for zucchini and tomatoes but you can mix it up. Adding in the pepperoni or burger would turn this into a casserole for the main course. Whatever way you make it, it’s sure to be a family favorite. There is no wrong way.